- Extension cables and reels should be fully unwound to avoid them overheating and catching fire.
- Do not overload extension cables with too many plugs or plug adapters.
- Where possible, route cables or leads overhead. (Cables on the floor are trip hazards.)
- Use protective ramps to protect cables from being run over if they need to be routed at floor level.
- Don’t route cables across puddles or waterlogged ground.
- Get a transformer moved rather than using several leads joined together.
Previous LessonNext Lesson