Skip to content
Use your body wisely (kinetic method)
- Let your leg and thigh muscles do the work.
- Try to maintain the natural curve of your spine and relax your muscles.
- Avoid flexing your back any further once you have started to lift.
- Do not snatch the load as you lift.
- Avoid leaning sideways or twisting your back, especially when your back is bent.
Putting the load down – plan before you start
- To floor level – you will probably need to carefully reverse the lifting method.
- To a higher level – check first, as it may be safer to set the load down and get assistance to lift it higher.
- Heavier loads should be stored at waist height.