Your employer will tell you the following information at the site induction.
- Where to go in the event of a fire and how to get there safely.
- How to raise the alarm.
- How to call the emergency services.
- Where you can smoke on site (if smoking is allowed).
- When the fire alarms are tested.
- Who is trained to use fire-fighting equipment.
- Who the fire wardens and marshals are.
- Who to report fire risks, signs of arson and break-ins to.
The emergency escape routes may change during the project, so you will need to regularly familiarise yourself with any new routes.